|REMINDER: Call for Nominations: 2020 Canada’s Volunteer Awards
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is currently open, and we encourage you to nominate a not-for-profit organization, an individual, a group of volunteers, a social enterprise or a business that is making a difference in their community. Nominations will be accepted until September 30, 2020.
Twenty-one awards in five categories
There is one national award:
- Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award : for individuals who demonstrate exceptional achievements through volunteering for at least 20 years
And four regional awards (awarded in 5 regions):
- Emerging Leader: Youth aged 18 to 30 who have demonstrated community leadership
- Community Leader: Individuals or a group of volunteers who have taken a lead role in developing solutions to social challenges in their communities.
- Business Leader: Businesses that demonstrate social responsibility in their practices, as well as for profit and not-for-profit social enterprises dedicated to creating social, cultural or environmental benefits for their communities
- Social Innovator: Recognizes the contributions of not-for-profit organizations, including not-for-profit social enterprises that find and use innovative approaches that address social challenges in their communities.
The recognition package for award recipients includes a $5,000 or $10,000 grant to be awarded to the not-for-profit organization of the recipient’s choosing.
We all play a role in recognizing volunteers. That person or organization in your community that you admire for their inspiring work? Nominate them for an award today!
Would you like to play a role in the selection process?
Canada’s Volunteer Awards is a program for Canadians and by Canadians. We offer leadership volunteer opportunities for qualified individuals to play a key role in the assessment of nominations by acting as a Regional Reviewer (RR). RRs assess nominations from their region in order to select the top-ranked candidates for final consideration. If you are interested in serving as a Regional Reviewer, please contact us at Infofirstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-825-0434.
Follow us on Twitter @ESDC_GC and Facebook @ESDC.GC for all the latest news. Help us spread the news by liking and sharing our content throughout this call!