CIRA’s 2019 CIP grants call is open!
CIRA has opened up for applications for the next round of the Community Investment Program.
As you may know, our grants are open to researchers at universities and colleges working on projects that contribute to building a better online Canada, as well as to non-profits and registered charities.
I wanted to make sure you have the pertinent information to share among your networks, as there have been numerous valuable projects carried out by academic institutions among the 130 projects CIRA has supported over the last 5 years.
This year, we’re focused on the following key funding areas:
- Infrastructure: Developing connectivity services for regional, rural, remote and/or underserved communities
- Access: Providing individuals and communities with the ability to connect to the internet
- Digital Literacy: Enhancing Canadians’ knowledge and skills to use the internet effectively and safely
- Engagement: Research and knowledge-sharing activities that broaden public understanding and participation in Internet policy development and governance and cybersecurity
- Services: Building online apps and platforms that address social, economic and/or environmental needs
Grants are available up to $100,000. In addition, one grant will be available up to $250,000. Application period is open from January 15 until 2PM February 28, 2019.
If you’d like to tweet about the opportunity, here are some sample posts, and an image below:
- CIRA’s Community Investment Program will be providing over $1 million to projects doing good things for and through the Canadian internet. Learn more: https://cira.ca/community-investment-program/how-apply-community-investment-program
- Applications are now open for the Community Investment Program! Apply for a grant helping to build a #betteronlineCanada. https://cira.ca/community-investment-program/how-apply-community-investment-program