Coronavirus Resources for Libraries
Messages for staff:
Toronto Public Health advises that the best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure to the virus, following standard prevention measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Attached for you information are some information sheets provided by Toronto Public Health. The topics are:
– 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet Feb 27 – COVD-19 General Fact Sheet – English
– Instructions for people who have been asked to self-isolate Instruction_Sheet_Coronavirus_Investigation_2020-02-08 V2
– Hand Washing HandWashingEnglish
– Hand Sanitizing HandSanitizingEnglish
– Cover Your Cough CoverYourCoughEnglish no crop
These are useful Posters suitable for staff bulletin boards and all washrooms – PDF in Colour)
For current information about COVID-19 in Toronto, visit Toronto Public Health’s Novel Coronavirus page.
For current information about COVID-19 in Canada, visit Health Canada’s Coronavirus Disease Outbreak Update page.
For information about COVID-19 around the world, visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page.