Subject: Development Charges Training with Hemson Consulting Ltd.
Hello FOPL Members,
Following the Q3 2020 changes to Bill 108: More Homes, More Choices and the successful increase to library funding through development charges:
Please join us on Friday, April 9th at 12-1:30 pm for customized, Library-centric training on Development Charges by premiere DC firm Hemson Consulting Ltd.
The initial training will be video-based and there will be a written training manual provided as well.
Topics to be covered:
– Changes to the legislation and implications for capital development planning for
– Municipal best practices for assessing capital project needs
– Developing capital budgets & long-term forecasts
– Financing and funding “growth-related” infrastructure
– Administering and reporting on the revenue
– Practical steps that library Boards can take to ensure they fully participate in
Municipal capital asset planning
If you are not able to attend the live training, you will be able to access the video recording and written training materials through the FOPL website.
Please email email@example.com your request to participate by April 5, 2021. A zoom link with instructions will follow.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Paul Ainslie, Chair