Mitigating COVID-19 When Managing Paper-Based, Circulating, and Other Types of Collections
“Dr. David Berendes and Dr. Catherine Rasberry from the Centers for Disease Control presented an overview of the CDC’s guidance for community settings and environmental disinfection, and a discussion of how libraries, archives, and museums can help mitigate COVID-19 when working with paper-based, circulating, and other types of collections. The presentation was followed by a question and answer period.
UPDATES: (April 2, 2020)
- If you have follow-up questions for the CDC, you may submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The materials and links mentioned in the webinar have been added to the IMLS coronavirus page under “Official Government Information and Resources.”
Presented in coordination with:
- U.S. Department of Education
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Archives and Records Administration
- Smithsonian Institution
- Library of Congress
David Berendes, Ph.D., M.S.P.H.
Dr. David Berendes is an epidemiologist in the Waterborne Disease Prevention Branch at the Center for Disease Control, focusing on global sanitation and hygiene issues.
Catherine Rasberry, Ph.D.
Dr. Catherine Rasberry is a Health Scientist in Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Adolescent and School Health.