In addition to the usual physical distancing protocols, libraries in Ontario are planning:
- Cloth or disposable face masks. Sometimes N95 for high risk employees.
- Face shields or plexiglass desk shields for service points.
- Hand sanitizer for staff and public (separate)
- Disposable Gloves
- Soap and water at sinks (some are closing their washrooms to the public if they’re shared)
- Safe disposal bins for staff and public (so no one touches disposed of PPE after use).
- Contactless service points
“To support business-owners, workers and the economic recovery of the province, the government has launched a website to provide businesses with information on personal protective equipment (PPE) suppliers. The Workplace PPE Supplier Directory has an up-to-date list of Ontario companies and business associations that are ready to supply personal protective equipment.”