Early Bird Rates through Feb. 29th (Leap Day!)
The Current State of the Art in Libraries
March 17-18, 2016
Are you up-to-date? Here’s our one and a half day symposium that explores these changes and provides an opportunity to discuss your library’s strategies for addressing the e-book landscape. A 2015 FOPL Market Probe Canada Ontario public opinion poll showed that:
- e-Audiobook usage is leveling off
- Fiction and non-fiction e-book usage is growing very well – in the double digits.
- 14% of our users have downloaded an item from our library website (300% growth in 5 years)
- 32% of Ontarians had downloaded books or magazines (but not necessarily from the library)
- 11% of Ontarians prefer e-books and 14% read both print and digital books equally.
- Demand is increasing for new e-book, e-news, and e-magazine services.
We have assembled a great group of speakers to explore the issues of the changing landscape. Some of our speakers include Stephen Abram, Executive Director, Federation of Ontario Public Libraries, Vickery Bowles, City Librarian, Toronto Public Library, Sarah Bonato, Reference/Research Librarian, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Beth Jefferson, CEO, Bibliocommons, Michael Ciccone, CELA/Bibliotekkie Consulting, Inc., Christina de Castell, Manager, Policy & Advocacy, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and others representing libraries, publishers and specialists.
You will have a terrific learning experience and a change to join the conversation and learn what others are doing with the e-book challenge!