Registration for the 2021 Forest of Reading Program Open!
Registration is now open for the 2021 Forest of Reading program! The low one-time annual fee allows you to run all 10 Forest of Reading programs with as many readers as you want – whether you have six readers, or 600!
Despite these challenging times of new routines, limitations, and role changes in libraries and classrooms, we hope you will find a way to make the Forest a part of your programming this year in some capacity.
The Forest is driven and funded by registration fees, and is designed to provide quality online literacy and reading engagement resources that can be used at home, in the classroom or library with registration.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- If you registered for the Forest of Reading last year, you MUST login using your credentials from last year.
- Username: If you are a returning user, your username is the email address associated with your account.
- Password: If you have forgotten your password, please click “Forgot your password” to reset your password or you can reset it directly here.
- Forest of Reading registration is an annual fee and separate from your Ontario Library Association membership. You need to be registered in the current 2021 program year to use the names and logos of the Forest and to gain access to the password website.
Important Info When Registering:
When making a book set purchase of more than $500:
- Enter the promo code #500Books to receive free shipping on book purchases of $500 or more
When registering multiple branches/schools:
- Choose the option to register another user for the Forest of Reading
- Follow the login instructions to choose that user’s branch/location
- Create a Forest of Reading account for the user you are registering, then complete the registration process
- Please note: Each user you register must have a unique email address and password. Do not lose this information.
- Please ensure that shipping information is entered correctly on the final page of the payment process.
- After completing one user registration, please ensure that you have logged out, then repeat the process to register another user.
Highlights for the 2021 Forest of Reading Program Year:
- Nominated Lists for the School-Aged Programs will be announced on October 15!
- The password website, exclusive to 2021 registrants, will be open November 15. All resources will be available by December 1.
- Over 500 ready-to-use resources for your readers that are connected to the books.
- Forest Fridays and Mecre-LIT: As part of your registration, you will have access to 30 virtual author visits!
- Dozens of FREE flyers and brochures are available to promote the program: English | Français
- CBC Books has confirmed their partnership with the Forest of Reading to deliver the award ceremonies in May.
Just a friendly reminder…
The Forest of Reading titles are curated lists selected by library professionals from the school and public library sectors. The Forest of Reading does not own the rights to the nominated titles. Purchasing a hard copy or alternate format of the book (ebook, audio book etc.) are the responsibility of the school, library or family that is running the program. The publishers and authors hold the permissions and rights for their titles.
Add a Calendar Reminder for the 2021 Nominee Announcement