“CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE MATERIAL PICKUP PROPOSAL
• General safe work conditions will be determined by the Library’s Joint Health & Safety (JH&S) Committee in
advance of the trial beginning.
• All staff , including security guards, will have appropriate PPE as determined by the Library’s JH&S
• Each location will prescribe additional safe work practices unique to their location (which work -stations will be
used, scheduling, etc.).
• Our process encourages a metered approach to patrons arriving at the library locations; additionally, clear
signage and pathway markings will indicate adequate social distancing outside.
• Table(s) with bin(s) will be placed outside each Library location and materials will be placed into the bin(s)
when the patron arrives. Tables and bins will be sanitized between each use.
• Library materials being provided to patrons may include print jobs initiated remotely by patrons.
• During trial phases, a security guard will be posted at each location to ensure effective social distancing is
observed outside of the Library.
• There will be no patron access to the interior of the Library.
PHASE 1 – CURBSIDE PICKUP OF LIBRARY MATERIALS CURRENTLY ON HOLD: LIMITED TRIAL
• Begin trial Monday, May 11 10:00-6:00 at 3 locations: Crowfoot, Signal Hill, Fish Creek Libraries
• Staffing: Library Managers, Librarians, and Supervisors who are currently working (no staff recall required)
• No return of Library materials in this phase
• No general promotion or announcement of the implementation this service
• Staff call patrons to see if they would like to pick up the materials that are currently on hold for them in each
trial location. Calling patrons individually allows us to:
o Limit congestion by controlling how many people potentially could come for pick up
o Deliver effective and important messaging (e.g. Please do not bring material to return. Stay in your
car until library staff have re-entered the Library. etc.)
• Process: When patron arrives, signage will indicate the phone number to call to let staff know the patron is in
the parking lot. Staff will reiterate messaging about staying in the car (or, if patron arrives on foot, how to stay
at a safe distance), as well as let patron know in which bin materials will be placed. Staff will exit library to
place plastic bag containing patron’s items in the appropriate bin and re-enter the library before patron
retrieves their materials. Bins will be wiped down between each pick up.
PHASE 2 – CURBSIDE PICKUP OF LIBRARY MATERIALS CURRENTLY ON HOLD:
• As early as Tuesday, May 19 10:00-7:00: begin offering contactless curbside pickup of materials at all stand –
alone Library locations: Crowfoot, Fish Creek, Signal Hill, Bowness, Central, Forest Lawn, Giuffre Family,
Judith Umbach, Louise Riley, Memorial Park, Nicholls Family, Nose Hill, Sage Hill, Southwood
• Staffing: initially Library Managers, Librarians, Supervisors who are currently working; subsequently, staff
recalled as appropriate for each location: e.g. Library Experience Assistants (processing materials) and Public
Service staff (communication)
• Process as above in Phase 1
PHASE 3 – CURBSIDE PICKUP OF LIBRARY MATERIALS CURRENTLY ON HOLD:
• Date TBD: In addition to locations listed above, begin offering contactless curbside pickup of materials at colocated
libraries: Country Hills, Quarry Park, Rocky Ridge, Saddletowne, Seton, Shawnessy, Village Square
• Process as above in Phase 1″