2020 & Beyond: Strategies & Practices for Library Impact
University of Toronto iSchool, July 20/21
Program Schedule: http://www.thefutureoflibraries.org/program.html
Take the time to step back from your day to day issues and challenges to focus on positioning your organization for a sustainable future. In an intimate setting, look at fast approaching trends, discuss key issues with colleagues and industry leaders, get new insights and perspectives, leave energized with new ideas for the future! This symposium is for all types of libraries and covers all the hot topics of our world: trends, practices, collections, staff, technology, change and positioning for a successful future. It brings together speakers from different backgrounds and perspectives to look at our challenges in different ways and find innovative and creative new solutions for library success and impact in their various communities.
All FOPL and OLA members are eligible for a 20% registration discount.
Register here, http://www.thefutureoflibraries.org/registration.html Includes:
- 2 days of programming including light breakfasts and catered lunches
- First evening reception in the new iSchool Inforum
- Bag of goodies with a unique Canada 150 print from our digital artist; copy of Don Tapscott’s book Blockchain for first 25 registrants; and maybe more!
- Chance to win a copy of the newly released book, Building Smarter Organizations, but also an opportunity to buy one & have it signed by the author
- Lots of networking opportunities with colleagues and speakers
- Discount of 20% for OLA & FOPL members before July 10, 2017
Speakers (We continue to add speakers, so please check back for updates to the schedule.)
- EEPMON, Digital Artisan
- Vickery Bowles, City Librarian, Toronto Public Library
- Christina de Castell, former Manager, Policy & Advocacy, IFLA, and Manager, Online Information & News, Vancouver Public Library
- Barbara Franchetto, CEO, Southern Ontario Library Service
- Daniel P. Lee, Consultant, Corporate Librarian and Knowledge Manager
- Leif Pedersen, EVP, Product, Innovative Interfaces Inc.
- Mike Ridley, Former CIO & Chief Librarian, University of Guelph
- Gordon Vala-Webb, Author, Building Smarter Organizations
Comments from previous attendees:
- “This symposium had some of the best overall content of any conference I’ve attended, including big ones like OLA, PLA, ALA, etc.”
- “Enjoyed the mix of in person, multimedia, Skype.” “Great mix.” “The variety added to the ability to maintain attention – you got it right.”
- “Choice of speakers was outstanding.” “They all excelled.”
- “All the speakers were inspiring and informative.
- “Good mix of theory & practice, concepts & examples & time to discuss & ask questions; variety was great; good pace.”
- “Do it again!”
- “It was great! Learned a lot & got some ideas for my library.”
- “ Loved the venue; Excellent!”