Purpose: The FOPL Board recognizes that the importance of Marketing on the work and impacts of the organization. Marketing is completed by paid staff and consultants, as well as volunteers.
Mandate: This Standing Committee known as a Working Group, has the mandate to…
(1) Review, inform and implement the Marketing and Communication Plans.
(2) Review and update the FOPL website.
(3) Produce social media content on a regular basis for FOPL social media channels, including the blog, member library resources, and ongoing website updates.
Membership: This Working Group has two levels of membership: Board and Volunteer. The Chair of the Board shall be ex-officio and the Executive Director shall act as a resource person to the Working Group. The Board will appoint no less than three (3) members of the Board to sit as active members of this Working Group. The Executive Director will accept up to twelve (12) member library staff volunteers to produce content on behalf of FOPL. The Executive Director will manage the operational volunteers of this Working Group as they perform operational task.
At the first meeting of the Working Group a Chair will be elected for the duration of the project. The Term of Appointment began September 24, 2021 when the Working Group was reauthorized by the FOPL Board. Volunteers will be accepted for a one-year term, with the opportunity of renewal. Board terms will align with the term of that Board Member.
- Paul Ainslie, Toronto Public Library
- Jennifer LaChapelle, Clearview Public Library [regrets]
- Catherina Rouse, Bibliothèque publique de Clarence, Rockland Public Lib.
- Sabrina Saunders, The Town of the Blue Mountains Public Library
- Melanie Alderfer-Mowat, Caledon Public Library
- Mark Pagliaroli, Vaughn Public Library
- Kiley Percy, Ajax Public Library
- Hannah Saunders, The Blue Mountains Public Library
- Mikayla Gora, Grimsby Public Library
- Rhonda Jessup, Whitby Public Library