Purchasing a membership is primarily a contribution to the collective goal of furthering the interests of Public Libraries across Ontario. These contributions are important to ensure that we can continue to advocate for our Government Relations priorities. Speaking with one voice has improved the governments awareness of our sector’s issues and strengthens the legitimacy of our claims. We aim to accomplish our goals through advocacy and influence, research and marketing the value proposition of public libraries. Our governance structure includes 7 Caucuses to ensure the unique needs of various types of libraries are met.
This contribution grants membership to the Federation and comes with benefits which are available to our Library Members:
- Communications from FOPL, providing updates on important library related issues and progress on our lobbying efforts within the province.
- Member services, including access to the Members-Only resources, advocacy, training, and research available on our website.
- Access to the annual FOPL Data Report.
- Free training sessions and seminars.
- A vote at the FOPL Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunities to participate in our unique and impactful Working Groups.
- Representation on the FOPL Board through your Caucus representatives.
- Contributions to our annual advocacy goals and strategies through our bi-annual Caucus Meetings.
- Access to FOPL staff for consultation on local advocacy and library related issues.
- Membership to the Canadian Federation of Library Associations through FOPL.
- Flow-through services for grants such Trillium.