Mandate: Provide Ontario’s Public Libraries with professional training and development in the context of FOPL’s role and alliances.
- Coordinate training opportunities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, and webinars
- Collaborate in creation of trustee training tools
- Share expertise at professional conferences and events such as OLA Super Conference and Marketing Think Tank, Community Led ThinkTank, AILP, etc.
- Build consensus in the Ontario Public Library community
- Increase awareness of professional development grant and subsidy opportunities
Membership: The Board Chair will act as ex officio to the Working Group. The Executive Director will act as a staff resource. Five (5) members will be appointed from member libraries. Members serve for three years and may be appointed for another three at which point their term ends.
Members: Membership is currently being reviewed and will be updated by Fall 2021
- Andrea Cecchetto. Markham Public Library
- Gary Price. Cambridge Idea Exchange
- Monika Machacek. East Gwillimbury Public Library
- Craig Shufelt. Fort Erie Public Library