Minister Lisa MacLeod Appointed New Minister of Tourism, Culture, & Sport
On June 20, Premier Doug Ford announced a Cabinet Shuffle and appointed Minister Lisa MacLeod (Nepean) as the new Minister of Tourism, Culture, and Sport.
Minister MacLeod was most recently the Minister of of Children, Community and Social Services and Minister Responsible for Women’s Issues. Read her full biographyHERE and her Legislative Profile HERE.
The Ontario Museum Association looks forward to working with Minister MacLeod to strengthen Ontario’s museum sector.
More quick facts on the Cabinet Shuffle:
- Before this shuffle the Cabinet had 21 Ministers
- The new Cabinet has 23 Ministers and 5 Associate Ministers
- 8 Ministers remained in the same portfolio
- Read the Ontario Government News Release HERE
- For all Cabinet appointments, click HERE
- Please scroll down for links to media coverage
Thank you to Minister Michael Tibollo (Vaughan-Woodbridge) for his tenure as Minister of Tourism, Culture, and Sport. Minister Tibollo will now serve as the Associate Minister of Mental Health and Addictions.
As before, the OMA and Ontario Museum Sector will continue our efforts to communicate the value and importance of Ontario’s Museums.
Here’s what museums can do right now to support strong government relationships going forward:
- Introduce yourself to your MPP (in person, on twitter, by letter, or email)
- Get to know them and their priorities for your community, and think about how your museum addresses these issues
- Invite them to your museum events over the summer months (Download a template invitation HERE)
Read more about the Cabinet appointments:
Find your riding HERE.
Find your MPP’s contact information HERE.
Keep an eye out for ONmuseums dedicated to advocacy for tools, resources, and updates on our advocacy initiatives.
The tips in Ontario Election and Your Museum are still a good reference!