A message from Ontario Parks:
Ontario Parks is pleased to invite you to take part in our day use permit lending program. Last year we successfully expanded this initiative to more than 200 public libraries across Ontario. We are now accepting first-time applications and renewals for the 2022 season. We would like to thank all participating libraries for making this program a great success to date.
In 2022, we will continue to supply all participating libraries with 3 commercial day use permits per participating branch at no cost. Library patrons will be able to borrow a park permit from your library, providing access for one vehicle and its occupants to more than 100 provincial parks in Ontario.
Please note: all applications to participate or renew must be submitted by November 15, 2021
For libraries new to the program:
- To request day use permits for your library system, please fill out the short application at OntarioParks.com/library by November 15, 2021
- Please coordinate internally and submit one application per library system on behalf of all branches who will be participating
- Please review and accept the terms and conditions provided on the application website prior submitting the form
- Ontario Parks will confirm your application via email and mail the permits in November 2021 to a single contact per library system. It will be the responsibility of each participating library to distribute permits to participating branches within your system.
- The lending of permits can begin starting January 1, 2022. These permits will remain valid until December 31, 2022.
For libraries who participated in 2021:
Please keep your 2021 permits as they are valid until December 31, 2022 **Do not throw away your 2021 permits**
- To continue your library’s participation in the program, please fill out the short re-application form at OntarioParks.com/library by November 15, 2021
- Please review and accept the terms and conditions provided on the website prior completing the form
- Please access Ontarioparks.com/library/reporting and fill out the form with your specific reporting information from the 2021 season by December 1, 2021