COVID-19 poll: Canadian youth the most impacted by pandemic lockdown
“REPORT KEY FINDINGS:
- More than half of young Canadians (51%) worry their job could disappear.
- 31% of young Canadians feel their emotional and mental health has been affected more than others, highest of any age group.
- 66% of young Canadians worry about the impact of the pandemic on social cohesion in Canada, the most of any age group.
- 64% of young Canadians think about the impact of the pandemic on people in poor countries, highest of any generation.
- 32% of young Canadians feel they have more hope for the future than others, highest of any age group.
- Abacus poll link: HERE
- World Vision Video of Canadian youth perspectives: HERE
- World Vision youth-led petition calling for a Canadian global response: HERE
ABOUT THE SURVEY
*The survey was conducted with 2,087 Canadian adults between the dates of May 14 to 19, 2020.”
“51% worry job will disappear, mental health the most affected, Abacus study finds
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 3, 2020 /CNW/ – A new poll of Canadians released today* by Abacus Research finds that young Canadians are feeling the greatest immediate effects of COVID-19 compared with other age groups — but also feel the most hopeful about the future. The Abacus survey, commissioned by World Vision, explored a variety of Canadian pandemic perspectives including the impact on mental health, personal relationships, job security and outlook for the future.”