There are no specific guidelines for public libraries yet and they are still under the emergency closure order. However, hints at potential rules and guidance for the library sector can be inferred from others. The Curbside pick-up guidance is helpful for future use and planning.
New workplace and safety guidelines to prevent COVID-19
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development released a new suite of safety guidelines to protect workers, employers and the general public as the government moves towards reopening the province. Guidelines have been provided for the following sectors: constructions, food processing, restaurant and food services, agriculture, manufacturing and long-term care. Learn more about the guidelines.
Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace
Find sector-specific guidelines and posters to help protect workers, customers and the general public from coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ontario.
Ontario is releasing safety guidelines to protect workers, customers and the general public from COVID-19 as it prepares for a gradual reopening of the provincial economy.
These resources are available for different sectors. They will help employers and workers better understand how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Sector guidelines contain recommendations and tips for employers on how to keep workers safe on the job. Posters for both employers and workers also offer advice on preventative actions, including physical distancing and workplace sanitation. Employers are encouraged to download the posters to print and post in the workplace.
As new sectors of the economy begin to reopen, additional COVID-19 workplace safety resources will be added.
Guidance from the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
Food processing sector
Restaurant and food services sector
Long term care sector
Guidance from health and safety associations
The Ontario government works closely with health and safety associations.
The following associations have released a series of technical sector guidance documents to further support employers and workers:
- Infrastructure Health and Safety Association
- Public Service Health and Safety Association
- Workplace Safety North
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services
- Curbside pickup and delivery services
- Executives and management
- Sales and customer service representatives
- Lawn care workers
- Commercial industrial services
- Community garden
- Worker transportation to work sites
- Worker procedures handing paperwork
- Worker responsibilities
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Construction facility hygiene
- Best practices for employer responding to a suspected COVID-19 exposure
- Sharing tools (hand tools)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Handling and receiving packages
- Responding to a suspected COVID-19 exposure if you are:
- Shippers and receivers (IHSA)
- Shipping (WSPS)
- Drivers and truck drivers
- Mental health awareness for drivers
- Precautions for drivers
- Fuelling of vehicles
- Handling and receiving packages
- Cleaning and sanitizing inside of your vehicle
- Transportation services
- Rest stop hygiene
- Hours of service and fatigue management (for employers)
- Employers of office settings (PSHSA)
- Office sector (WSPS)
- Office administration and secretarial staff
Tourism and hospitality
- Tourism and hospitality sector
- Hotel reception, room service and front line staff
- Hotel housekeeping and laundry
- Equipment operators and general labourers
- Quality control engineers and technicians
- Supervisors, production and operations management
- Warehouse workers, forklift operators and material handlers
- Warehousing sector
- Service managers, service technicians and other vehicle sales and service employees
- Vehicle sales and service sector
Film and TV
- Television hosts, technical crews and other TV and film employees
- Television, film and live performance sector