Seven Distance Learning Priorities to Consider Before Reopening Schools
“So as school leaders are thinking about reopening schools, how can they improve upon what they’ve done so far and better serve student needs? Laufenberg says it’s imperative that educators take a moment to pause and reflect by asking these questions:
-What did we do?
-What worked? Why did it work?
-What didn’t work? Why didn’t it work?”
1. Ensure students have devices and internet connectivity.
2. Know when to pause.
3. Examine what kind of skills would be helpful for students
4. Understand how people self-motivate.
5. Understand that emergency remote distance learning has a shelf life.
6. Starting the school year with testing won’t help.
7. Get past “falling behind.”