Covid-19: Informational Resources for Public Libraries – This publication began in March as a collection of information pieces related to the COVID-19 virus. As the situation unfolded, the publication evolved to include these additional sections:
Section A: Information for Library Boards
- GovernanceHUB FAQ – What are the rules for holding a library board meeting by remote participation?
- 9 Tips for Board Decision Making During COVID-19
Section B: Staff Development and Programming during Public Closures
Section C: Response and Reopening Plans
- Government of Ontario’s Plan to Reopen
- Reopening the Library
- Workplace Safety Resources
- Pick-Up and Delivery Services: Guidance for Public Libraries (OLS document)
- Reopening Public Libraries in Ontario: Key Considerations (OLS document)
Let’s Talk Libraries – Staff members at SOLS continue to use the SOLS blog for tips and important information on issues related to public libraries and COVID-19. The most recent post is titled: “Copyright and Virtual Programs” and considers the issue of selecting stories which are either in the public realm or for which you can obtain copyright permission.