Our colleagues at WorkInCulture are currently conducting a survey to gain a better understanding of careers in Ontario’s creative community…and that includes PUBLIC LIBRARIES!
I would ask that you distribute the information about the study to all your staff as it is meant to survey all those employed in public libraries.
The following is an overview: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PC9HQ2
Welcome to the MakingItWork Survey!
On behalf of WorkInCulture, we’d like to thank you for participating in this survey, and helping to build a deeper understanding of what careers (and workplaces) look like in Ontario’s creative community.
We’re working with Nordicity, a consulting firm, to create the MakingItWork survey, which should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. We encourage you to share it with your friends, colleagues and networks!
Who can participate?
The MakingItWork survey is open to Ontario’s creative community as a whole, including the arts, cultural industries, heritage and library sectors. This includes:
- Individual artists;
- Cultural workers (whether you are self-employed or working for an organization);
- Not-for-profit organizations serving the creative community, including arts service organizations, membership-based organizations, trade associations, etc;
- The cultural industries, including record labels and music publishers, book and magazine publishers, film & television production companies, game studios, etc;
- Heritage institutions, including museums, natural heritage sites, as well as their employees and professionals in the field (archaeologists, for example); and,
- Ontario’s public library system and their employees.
Why should I participate?
By participating in this survey you are contributing to our understanding of the needs and priorities of Ontario’s cultural workforce. This will have a real impact on programming, services and supports available to the sector.
You will also have the chance to enter a draw to win a pair of tickets to the WorkInCulture Creative Works Conference on May 10, 2019!
Will my survey responses be shared?
All of the responses to this survey will be kept strictly confidential. Your individual or company responses will be never be public, and survey results will only ever be presented in aggregate form. WorkInCulture, its Board of Directors, and its funders will not have access to any unique survey responses.
If you encounter any technical issues when trying to complete the support and require further assistance, please contact email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding MakingItWork, please contact Lisa Fiorilli, Research and Outreach Manager at WorkInCulture, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your help on this matter!
Barbara Franchetto, BA, MLS
Chief Executive Officer/Directrice générale
416.961.1669 ext./poste 5104
1 Yonge Street, suite 1594
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1E5