Our efforts to restore connectivity funding this year have been successful. Thanks to the Ministry staff and leadership for listening to the key role this funding plays in Ontario communities and public libraries.
See notice below regarding procedures and hard Sept. 15th deadline.
We are pleased to announce that SOLS will receive up to $460,000 in Connectivity Funding from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for the 17/18 fiscal year (April 2017 – March 31, 2018).
Distribution of the grant will be based on the following priority criteria:
- libraries serving a population under 20,000 will be reimbursed 100% of their connectivity costs, and
- libraries serving a population over 20,000 will be reimbursed at a percentage to be determined as funding allows.
- Send a copy via e-mail or fax of your April – June 2017 invoices, along with a completed reimbursement request form (attached).
- Respond to this e-mail confirming that your service speed is at least 5 mbs.
- Reimbursement requests must be received by September 15th. There will be no extensions and no exceptions.
- Should there be any remaining funds, a notice will be sent by September 29nd for any one-time cost reimbursement requests.
- Payments will be calculated for the 12-month period, and reimbursed in one cheque by late-October.
We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter as we want to ensure that all the funds are allocated as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding,
If you have any questions, please contact Dayna Lintner at email@example.com.
Barbara Franchetto, BA, MLS
Chief Executive Officer/Directrice générale
Southern Ontario Library Service/
Service des bibliothèques de l’Ontario-Sud
1, rue Yonge Street
416.961.1669 ext./poste 5104