Announcing Ontario PC Cabinet
This afternoon, the new Ontario Government announced its new Cabinet. Among the 20 new ministers are:
- Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, MPP Silvia Jones, (Dufferin-Caledon)
- Minister of Education, MPP Lisa Thompson (Huron-Bruce)
- Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, MPP Merrilee Fullerton, (Kanata-Carleton)
You can see the full list of new Ministers here.
Getting to know your new representatives
With a new government in power, 20 new Ministers and 73 brand new MPPs getting settled into new roles, it’s more important than ever to build relationships with your local representative at Queen’s Park.
Your first step: Together with your Library Board, CEOs should reach out to your new MPP with a short, congratulatory letter. Remember, this is just the first step, so keep things short and positive!
Make sure you:
- introduce yourself,
- introduce your library and what it does for their constituents,
- invite your MPP for a visit and tour of their local library, and
- let your MPP know that you are ready to work with them
Download this template letter
Find out who is your new MPP
A new government means new priorities and an opportunity to educate and build strong relationships. The Ontario Library Association and the Federation of Ontario Public Libraries are hard at work learning more about this government’s mandate and developing a plan that demonstrates the many ways that libraries align with its priorities and principles.
We’re going to need your help, so stay tuned in the coming months for next steps!