Getting back to work
Sorting through the many privacy issues as businesses get their workplaces ready.
“Some of the issues employers will be juggling:
- How much health-related information can employers ask from their staff?
- What kinds of technologies can they employ to keep people safe? Contact tracing keycards? Location tracking?
- Where does the data get kept? For how long? When does it get destroyed?
- Can much screening can employers impose or recommend? Body temperature checks? Swabs? Serological tests (i.e. blood work)?
- Can people be told to return to work? What if they are immunocompromised?
- If an office does not reopen, does that change the conditions of employment under the employment contract?”