I am writing to let you know that the Kimberley Foundation (a registered charity in Canada) has just announced a new initiative in honor of the late Pat Morris, to provide grants to small Canadian libraries for the purposes of acquisitions, programming or outreach.
We would like to share this news with you, and should you see fit, to request that you help us promote it within the Canadian Library community by sharing news of the initiative with your members.
A few key components:
- Eligible libraries must serve a community with a population of 10,000 or less
- Applicants must be considered qualified donees
- Requests typically of up to $10,000 can be made at any one time
- Two deadlines for applications each year, February 15 and October 15.
- Applications for the Spring (February 15) deadline are now being accepted.
Full details can be found on our website at https://kimberley-foundation.org/communities-matter
If you have any questions or would like any further information please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Sue Roppel, President